The word “kijiji” (pronounced like key-gee-gee) means “village” in Swahili. This name was chosen because it captures the essence of what we are creating – a site where people can connect with others in their community.
Kijiji is Canada’s most popular local classifieds site. Kijiji offers a convenient, fun, and easy way for people in the same city to buy, sell, trade and help each other out in areas such as goods, cars, services, housing and jobs.
Kijiji is an environmentally friendly way to recycle things you no longer use without leaving your neighbourhood. Because Kijiji connections are between people who live near each other, you can always see and touch an item before you buy.
With an easy-to-use format and an amazing variety of local ads, Kijiji is a unique community where everyone is committed to sharing more, wasting less, and making money off the unused possessions cluttering up houses across Canada!
Kijiji was launched in Montreal and Quebec City in February 2005. In November 2005, Kijiji expanded across the rest of Canada and is now in over 100 cities coast to coast. We continue to add new cities where there is high demand, so if you need Kijiji for your area, let us know!
Kijiji Canada exists for one simple reason: to enable all Canadians to benefit from trading safely and conveniently within their community. It’s a rare day when you’re not doing at least one thing where Kijiji could help: buying a car, looking for a job, selling your log cabin, lining up tickets to a hockey game, or just looking for a great deal on just about anything. There’s always “someone home”, and we’re here to help.
Kijiji Quick Facts:
- Almost 40% of Canadians use Kijiji on a monthly basis – that’s more than 13 million unique visitors each month!
- 2 ads are posted every second on Kijiji
- More than 83 million ads are posted on Kijiji every year
- Over 1.56 million new ads are posted each week on Kijiji
- Over 6.5 million live ads on Kijiji right now
- Approximately 400K autos ads on Kijiji right now
- Kijiji is Canada’s largest classifieds site
- Deliver a clean, safe and simple experience
- Use user insights to deliver a better experience
- Provide consumers a fast and easy way to list their ads
What are the largest cities on Kijiji?
What are some of the most popular categories?
- Buy and Sell
- Cars & Vehicles
- Real Estate
There are some key posting rules that all users must adhere to:
- No duplicate or similar ads (slightly edited from original)
- Local ads only
- Ads should be posted in the right category/ most relevant category
- No links to other classified/dating/job websites
- No keyword spamming
- No prohibited items
- No slanderous statements
Have you heard of the Kijijity?
The Kijijity is where we tell the stories of heartwarming and irreverent folks in the Kijiji community. Check it out at kijiji.kijijity.ca
The Second-Hand Economy
Buying and selling second-hand through sites like Kijiji benefits your wallet, your family, and the planet. See why you should think second-hand first at secondhandeconomy.kijiji.ca
Read our latest product updates and press releases from across Canada at kijiji.ca/news/
For media inquiries please contact: KijijiECITeam@environicspr.com
If you require the assistance of our customer support team, contact us by clicking here.