Kijiji is Canada’s most popular free, local classifieds site. Kijiji offers a convenient, fun, and easy way for people in the same city to buy, sell, trade and help each other out in areas such as goods, cars, services, housing and jobs.
Kijiji is also an environmentally friendly way to recycle things you no longer use without leaving your neighborhood. Because Kijiji connections are between people who live near each other, you can always see and touch an item before you buy.
With an easy-to-use format and an amazing variety of local ads, Kijiji is a unique community where everyone is committed to sharing more and wasting less.
The word “kijiji” (pronounced like key-gee-gee) means “village” in Swahili. This name was chosen because it captures the essence of what we are creating – a site where people can connect with others in their community.
Kijiji was launched in Montreal and Quebec City in February 2005. In November 2005, Kijiji expanded across the rest of Canada and is now in over 100 cities coast to coast.
- Over 15 million total visitors per month
- Over 9 million unique monthly visitors
- Over 150,000 new ads posted daily
- Over 900,000 new ads weekly
- Over 3 million active ads
- 1in 3 Canadians use our site on a monthly basis
- Over 40 million classified ads posted in 2010
- A new ad is posted in Buy and Sell every 1.2 seconds
- A pet ad is posted every 17 seconds
- 792 new autos ads are posted every hour
- 5000 new classifieds are posted every hour, equivalent to a new ad posted every 0.7 seconds!
- We are the # 1 classifieds site in Canada by a long shot!
What are the largest cities on Kijiji?
Kijii currently has over 100 cities sites across the country
What are some of the most popular categories?
- Buy and Sell
You can find a full, up to date list of the most popular searches on Kijiji here.
- Deliver a clean, safe and simple experience
- Use user insights to deliver a better experience
- Provide consumers a free site to list their ads
There are some key posting rules that all users must adhere to:
- No duplicate or similar ads (slightly edited from original)
- Local ads only
- Ads should be posted in the right category/ most relevant category
- No links to other classified/dating/job websites
- No keyword spamming
- No prohibited items
- No slanderous statements
Find us around the web