Everyone has received some gifts they have no use for. Whether it is a well-meaning gift that is not age appropriate, a duplicate of what you already own, something you have no space for, or just flat out don’t like, there are plenty of reasons to return, re-gift or sell a gift. What is the best way to go about selling an undesired gift?
Post your ad right after Christmas. Post-holiday, Kijiji has lower inventory than normal, so if you take advantage of this, your ad will stay near the top for longer than usual. You’ll also be able to gain visibility with boxing week shoppers looking for deals on Kijiji.
The hottest searched items in late December and January:
Exercise equipment. Treadmills, ellipticals and bowflexes have historically had the very high increases in searches from December to January.
Furniture. Ikea items, sectionals, chairs, and bunk beds are popular searches in January. Possibly all that entertaining leads people to realize they need more seating for growing families?
Baby items. Historically we have seen increases in searches of about 35% for baby items from December to January, with strollers, car seats, play pens, and cribs being the hottest items.
Categories that see a boost in traffic during the post-holiday season:
• iPods, mp3, headphones
• jewellery and watches
• phones, especially cell phones
• sporting goods, especially exercise equipment, skis, fishing equipment (ice fishing in particular), lacrosse items, and skates
• books, in particular text books, so if you have any that you won’t need next semester, strike while the iron is hot, and post them before a new edition comes out!
• furniture, indoor items for the home, and home appliances
• tools, especially power tools, tool storage and benches.
Don’t delay – if you are thinking about posting an ad, do it early!